Sunday, September 14, 2008

East Coast Shower




What a fantastic baby shower! Aunt Jan really outdid herself with pink decorations (including pink sparkly candles), alcohol (of which I did not partake, sadly), and dessert (which I took more than my fair share). I think the cupcakes from Buzz Bakery were the best cupcakes I've ever had.








We had a great time. The day started out with lunch at Bread & Chocolate with Beth and Kirsten. Then we picked up Michele, Steph and Lesley who had just been at a personal finance seminar and somewhat in shock about the amount of things we young women should be doing financially and probably aren't. I need to look better into that too. We picked up some pizza and went to Aunt Jan's where we talked her ears off catching up on years of dating, job changes, and funny stories.




Other friends arrived around seven including former colleagues, high school friends, and more recent friends. We all had a great time. Aunt Jan continued the tradition Wendy started at Kim shower and asked everyone to write a wish for the baby on small stones. Scott and I will put the stones in a jar and keep the good wishes in the baby's room.

Everyone was so generous. A special thank you goes out to Aunt Jan who gave us a beautiful hand-made yellow blanket and to Nana who gave us the cutest little pink outfit.


Here's a picture of the girls and I. Sadly, we were missing Angie, but we understand the importance of making good with future relatives and not missing her future mother-in-law's big birthday celebration in Cape Cod. You can really see how big my belly is in this picture.


Thanks again to Aunt Jan and Amy who made the day really special.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Best shower EVER. I hope you're planning to get knocked up again right away so we can do it again next year.