Tuesday, September 2, 2008

25 Weeks


Sorry for the late 25 week update. Here's a picture of me taken yesterday. I think I'm growing in leaps and bounds - or at least that's what my ligaments are telling me. I actually went out for a "run" on Sunday morning and it was the first time that I didn't run at all. I was a little depressed about it all day, but considering how much the baby likes to bounce on my bladder, I figure I'm better off not running my way to incontinence.


Scott and I have been accumulating nursery furniture over the last two weeks. Once we have my former office/guest room cleaned out, we're going to have a real nursery - 3 months early! We bought a dresser/changing table and bookshelves last weekend. We also picked up the glider that Nana and Gramps bought for us. Last night we picked up the crib from Tammy and Mark.


The baby has been moving around like crazy these last two weeks. I guess there's still enough room for her to do somersaults and headstands. My next OB appt is on the 8th. That's when I do my glucose blood tolerance test. Essentially, I have to drink carbonated, orange-flavored corn syrup after fasting for 12 hours and they take a blood sample an hour later to see if I have indicators of gestational diabetes. Only a very small percent of women actually develop diabetes, so I'm not too worried.


I'll post pictures of the nursery (or at least key pieces of the nursery) once my friend Ian is no longer using the guest bedroom/nursery.

No comments: