Friday, August 15, 2008

23 Weeks

First of all, I'd like everyone to know that my husband is so sweet to have missed me to the point of dreaming about me. Of course, I changed racial profiles, but that's not the important part. We're both so happy to be home again, but our schedules are so hectic, we've had very little time together. At least we both have this Sunday off. I think we'll go hiking to celebrate.

So in other news, I had my 23 week check up yesterday. Everything is perfect. I've gained 11 pounds so far, which is right on. Of course, five of those pounds I gained on our cruise. And I swear most of that weight went straight to my belly. I think I have officially "popped" as they say. While on the cruise, two people asked me when I was due, which is the first time a complete stranger has asked me that. You know you look pregnant when people ask you when you're due.

When I was in DC on Monday, I walked into the office and my coworker (who saw me two weeks ago) said, "oh my god! what happened to you?" in reference to my much larger belly. People offered me their seat on the metro (and that never happens) and people at the conference I attended were anxious that I sat down as much as possible. I chalked that up to a room of old white guys being afraid of any pregnant woman.

Our daughter has really started to exert herself physically over the last two weeks as well. She's moving around a lot. She should weigh about a pound now. That means she's only about 1/8th of the way there. That's a lot of growing for both of us. I also can't imagine those little punches with when she gets several more pounds on her.

So all is well and time is moving quickly. I can't believe I'll be in my third trimester next month. That means I'll really have to start thinking about life with a baby.

No comments: