Saturday, August 9, 2008

Alaska!






Mom and I just got back from Alaska yesterday. We had a fantastic trip. I had no idea that Alaska would be so beautiful. I expected wildlife, mountains, and cool weather but I had no idea how verdant and full of life Alaska is. The mountains were covered in emerald flora all the way until tree line when dark rock and snow made the mountains pop out of the photos we took. The rainforests are absolutely coated in moss and lichen. Every available surface was coated in lush vegetation. We saw black bears, brown bears, moose, eagles, humpback whales and sea lions. We were very lucky.


The cruising aspect was pretty good too. It was so nice not to have to move our luggage around as we visited so many places. The activities were fun, the food was above average, and our dinner companions were interesting, fun people. We agreed that we would definitely go back again.


While I didn't take any belly shots (honestly, who would want to after stuffing your face for 8 days straight), I did take a few scenic pictures.


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like you had a great time in Alaska! I'm totally jealous that you saw a humpback whale. Sorry you missed the party - it was a good time... lots of food, chaos, and kids. Looking forward to the next blog entry.

Kirsten said...

What a fun trip! I've always wanted to visit, this just confirms that I have to make time for it! Can't wait to see the next round of belly shots :)