Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Absence

While my better half-and-a-bit were recklessly galavanting around the nether regions of Alaska - I was working. This isn't the first time Sarah and I (this is guest-blogger Sk'ut) have been separate for 2+ weeks, this is the first time since she got knocked up. I believe the dream I had the other night sums things up:
I was in an airport, waiting. Clearly I was waiting for Sarah and our child (who was androgenous in my dream) ... and they simply weren't coming. There were other people there, who were somewhat ignoring me owing to my obvious discomfort and lack of baby. I kept thinking, "How come Sarah gets to be with the baby?" Eventually she showed up ... but even then it still wasn't our child, it was Sarah's. Also, for some reason, in the dream Sarah was black and our baby was mixed. I have no insight into that part, but clearly my subconscious has seen me play basketball.
Womb envy is real, for me at least. I miss my wife and I miss our unborn spawn. I can't wait until she pops it out, so I can start embarassing them both in propa poppa fashion.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I miss your wife too! And you too, I suppose, you sappy dad-to-be. :) I keep trying to think of a comment about the black Sarah of your dreams, but I can't seem to find the words... Hope you are all happily reunited soon!

Rebecca said...

Wow... no words.... I won't touch that dream with a 10-foot-long dream analysis guide. Glad your girls are back safe and sound. Sarah... you need to post another belly shot please!