Friday, October 17, 2008

32 Weeks

As of today, I have 8 weeks to go until my due date! I just can't believe that I'm counting down weeks in single digits now. What's even scarier is that a baby is considered full term at 37 weeks - just 5 weeks away. Wow.

Ade-Lily, as my mom likes to call her, has certainly kicked things up a notch in the last week or so. For the first time, her little feet found my ribs. I was laying curled up on the sofa watching TV and I felt her put her feet on my ribs. It didn't really hurt (yet), but I decided it wasn't a good idea to let her get too used to the idea of using my ribs as a foot rest. So, I gently pushed her feet back down and she totally had a little tantrum. As soon as I pushed her feet down she started throwing her arms and legs about in protest. Ah well, we can't always have what we want in life. Do you think babies pick up on morals in utero?

Then, on my plane ride back from Boston on Tuesday, she spent the entire 3 hours trying to make more space for herself. And I'm not talking little kicks. I swear she spent the whole time with her arms outstreched on one side of my uterus and her feet pushing on the opposite side. The feet happened to be pushing right on my belly button, which I think is going to pop out any day - especially if Ade-Lily gives me more antics like that.

So for those of you who are curious, Ade-Lily is abou 3.75 lbs today and is about 17 inches long from head to toes. I'm supposed to gain a pound a week from here on out with half of that going directly to the baby. I'm not sure where the other half is "supposed" to go, but it will probably land somewhere in the vicinity of my hips.

There will be no more pictures until I get my camera back in a couple weeks since I left it in Texas this weekend. Scott and I just can't seem to keep track of our camera. We need a leash or something.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You two are brutal on cameras!!!! Hopefully, you'll do a better job keeping track of my niece! You're mentioning of a leash is giving me ideas of a baby shower gift... hmmmm.