Monday, October 27, 2008

Circle Makes a Square

So I've read in my pregnancy book that at some point, the round, pregnant belly begins to get corners. I was always somewhat mystified by this expression. I mean, I've felt the baby move around A LOT and yet I've never seen anything that looked less than rounded even while it was moving. However, this morning I was looking in the mirror after my shower and I noticed a square-like object clearly visible above my very round belly somewhere between my belly button and my ribs. After poking around, I determined that the square item was my baby's bottom pushing out against my upper abdomen. It wasn't moving, just sort of hanging out.

I guess I'm starting to run out of space and the baby has decided to make its own space. Still, it's rather strange to be able to identify baby parts from the outside and even stranger when those shapes don't conform to the round belly image you're used to seeing.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Haw crazy. You would think I had wrapped my mind around the idea of pregnancy by now, but the thought of seeing/feeling baby parts still throws me. 6-ish weeks left!! So exciting!

Tom Jones said...

Our baby is at high risk for big ass complications

Rebecca said...

A Canna-Conway posterior is a dangerous thing.

Unknown said...

So.... The baby takes after her father. Always sticking her butt out!

Glad to hear everything is going well.